Research shows that there are a lot of benefits of cannabinoids. Because of this, weed has been legalized in many states in the country. According to history, the first recorded use of weed was around 500 BC. It was primarily used by the Asian civilization for its various medical benefits. However, through the years, weed has been used for recreational purposes. The excessive use of this herb ultimately led to the criminalization of its use in numerous countries.
What You Can Get from Smoking Cannabis
There are many medical benefits of cannabinoids, a chemical that can be found in various Cannabis plant. More than 80 types of cannabinoids can be found in various strains of Cannabis. The most popularly known cannabinoids are tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), cannabidiol (CBD), cannabichromene (CBC), and cannabinol (CBN).
Each of the cannabinoids elicits various effects such as increased appetite, improved pain tolerance, and decreased panic attacks. The following are benefits of smoking weed in moderation:
- Lesser mood swings
- Lowered risk of developing Alzheimer or other forms of dementia
- Decreased risk of developing some forms cancer
- Can be used to treat anxiety disorders and psychotic disorders
- Immediate pain relief and anti-inflammatory drug for people with arthritis
- Prevents morning sickness especially among pregnant women
- Significantly improves the mood
- Encourage growth and development of brain cells
- Acts as an antibiotic to help prevent or cure methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA) infections
- Can be used as a mild sedative for patients with sleeping problems
- Can be used to reverse the damages caused by smoking tobacco
- Controls seizures especially among patients with epilepsy
- Acts as an excellent pain reliever for patients with multiple sclerosis
- Prevents excessive muscle spasms
- Improves body metabolism for skinny individuals
Why You Must Limit the Use of Weed
While there are so many benefits that you can get from the Cannabis plant, remember to use it in moderation. Smoking weed can be highly addictive, so experts suggest using it according to your doctor’s prescription. The cannabinoids found in weed can cause extreme hallucinations.
Weed overdose can also cause abnormal increase of heart beat, increased suicidal ideation, and irritation. Follow the prescribed dosage and stay updated about the different benefits of cannabinoids through our help.